The following are resources you may contact directly:
Perkins & Federal Funding Sources
CA State Funding Sources
CA Teacher’s Union http://www.teacherdrivenchange.org/grants-by-subject/
District General Funds
District CTE SB 70 or SB 1070
Quality Education Investment Act of 2006 (QEIA Funds)
California Partnership Academy Funds
San Francisco Education Fund http://www.sfedfund.org/
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Grants
Types and locations of PLTW grants for schools.
AR, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MN, MO, NY, OH, OK, PA, TN, WI: Bemis Grant Opportunity
IN: Corporate Partnership for Economic Growth (CPEG)
GA: Goizueta Foundation School Grant Competition
VA: Leidos Grant Opportunity
NATIONAL: Verizon & PLTW Grant
Register & Apply here
US DOE & Utilities
We have connections with many of the US DOE/ Clean Cities offices and public utility companies around the country.
Florida Power & Light http://stemgrants.com/florida-power-light-offers-2500-grants-energy-education/
First Energy Corp https://www.firstenergycorp.com/content/dam/community/files/STEM-Grant-Application.pdf
Bonneville Power https://www.bpa.gov/PublicInvolvement/CommunityEducation/Pages/Education-Grants.aspx
Illinois Clean Energy http://www.illinoiscleanenergy.org/how-to-apply/
SmarterSTEM has worked with large corporate sponsors to assist schools in funding their projects. We can explore these possibilities with you and your school.
Environmental Grants for Teachers
K-12 Educational Instruction Grants http://www.centurylink.com/Pages/AboutUs/Community/Foundation/
ING Unsung Heroes Award
Heroes Award Program https://www.voya.com/
Innovation Grants https://www.luminafoundation.org/search?q=grants
Mildred V. Horn Foundation
Kentucky area Grants http://www.cnpe.org/cga/grant_makers/19
Kinder Morgan Foundation
Walmart and Sam’s Giving Program
Community Grants http://giving.walmart.com/foundation
Rural and Low Income School Program
Education Through Technology http://www2.ed.gov/programs/reaprlisp/index.html
State Farm Companies Foundation
AT&T Foundations Fund
Aspire Diversity in Education & Workplace about.att.com/content/csr/home/people/aspire.html
Wells Fargo Foundation
Community Investment https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/charitable/index.jhtml
Teacher’s Technology Wishlists http://www.digitalwish.com/dw/digitalwish/grant_awards
NASA Explorer’s School Project http://www.nasa.gov/offices/education/about/index.html
Technology In Schools Program http://www2.ed.gov/programs/edtech/index.html
Educational Grants http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com/whirlpool-foundation/
Educational Grants http://www.thekrogerco.com/community/kroger-foundation
Lockheed Martin Foundation
Computers for Learning
Surplus Computers http://computersforlearning.gov/
Community Service Grants http://www.corningincfoundation.org/
SmarterSTEM can put together a crowd funding campaign specifically for you. We help you build and execute your campaign by providing story boards, scripts, video and the most effective communication steps to reach parents and other members in your community. We can even make and edit a video for your school.
1. Target (school or educational entity to place coursework)
2. Collaboration (school agrees to crowd-fund and allows us to help, we can accomplish this in one 30-minute meeting).
3. Training (we train them how to create the campaign, or better- do it with them…this includes scripts and story board of what video they need to shoot, how to edit it and sequence it)
4. Create intimacy (in video under ten mins, we incorporate their particular campus, and faces, interview with particulars about benefits for that school). If you do not do this it will likely compromise the success of this project.
5. Create urgency (we add a timeline in order to facilitate a timely submission and response).
6. Direct campaign submission. It is far better if schools submit under their name, this way we can multiply our ability to do this over multiple schools.
7. Marketing (email message lists of parents, students, admins, instructors, local community and alumni; this is another phase where we can assist schools).
Please call or write for assistance, 888-881-8404 or email for info.